Intro to the Rich Content Editor
One of the easiest ways to insert videos into your course is through the Rich Content Editor.
Have you created an announcement in Canvas? Updated your syllabus? Created a discussion post? If you have, you used Canvas’s Rich Content Editor. This is what it looks like:
This editor appears every time you create and edit content in your Canvas course in the following areas:
Inserting Videos using the Rich Text Editor
- You need to access the Rich Content Editor for the content you want to create or edit. You can typically find this by clicking “Edit” on the Canvas page you’re on or creating a new content item in your course.
- On the rich text editor toolbar, go to the External Tools drop-down (this looks like a “V”), then select My Media.
- Your My Media page will appear. Choose the video you want to insert and click the Select dropdown menu to its right and choose Large, Medium, or Small.
- Your video should appear in the text box. Click Save or Post Reply to save your work.
My passion is developing instructional activities that make complex ideas simple and interesting to learn.
Outside of work, you can probably find me working on a craft project or learning something new. I enjoy trying new recipes, taking long walks, and playing board games.
Latest posts by Ashaun Adler (see all)
- Grade Visibility Best Practices: Hide Grades, Post Grades - July 22, 2019
- Inserting Kaltura Capture Videos into Canvas - May 13, 2019
- Using Kaltura Capture - April 29, 2019