Intro to the Rich Content Editor
One of the easiest ways to insert videos into your course is through the Rich Content Editor.
Have you created an announcement in Canvas? Updated your syllabus? Created a discussion post? If you have, you used Canvas’s Rich Content Editor (RCE). Click here for some more information on the Rich Content Editor.
This editor appears every time you create and edit content in your Canvas course in the following areas:
Inserting Videos using the Rich Text Editor
- You need to access the RCE for the content you want to create or edit. You can typically find this by clicking “Edit” on the Canvas page you’re on or creating a new content item in your course.
- On the RCE, go to the Apps drop-down (click the arrow next to the plug).
- If you’ve accessed My Media from the RCE before, it should be saved in your menu.
- If this is your first time accessing My Media, click View All. Then search for My Media and click it.
- Your My Media page will appear. Choose the video you want to insert and click the Select dropdown menu to its right and choose Large, Medium, or Small.
- Your video should appear in the text box. Click Save or Post Reply to save your work.