Use this guide after installing Capture to your computer. Click here to read about how to install Capture.
- Log into Canvas.
- Click Account on the navigation menu, then select My Media (it may take a moment or two to appear).
- In the top right, click Add New, then select Kaltura Capture.
- Check your recording settings BEFORE clicking the record button.
- Check your display settings. Kaltura Capture can record your screen and webcam at the simultaneously. If you have multiple screens/monitors, click the computer icon(s) to choose the correct display. Check your Camera settings by clicking the dropdown arrow next to Camera. Check your Screen settings by clicking the dropdown arrow next to Screen.
- Check your audio settings by clicking the dropdown arrow next to Audio. We recommend recording with a headset for clearer audio. Test your audio by speaking into your mic. If the microphone icon changes as you speak, as shown below, your microphone is working. If not, try unplugging and re-plugging your mic or toggling your audio source.
- When you are ready to record, click the record button (big red circle).
TIP: Create a short recording (a few seconds) to check your display and audio.
- The recording toolbar appears. Click the white square stop button to stop the recording.
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to stop the recording. Click Yes, Stop it to confirm.
- The next screen will allow you to preview the video and change the title if you wish. You can:
- If you choose Save and Upload, the next screen will show the progress of your upload. When your upload is complete, a blue link will appear. It may not work yet. To view the video, go to your My Media page in Canvas. It may take several minutes for the video to appear.
The next post in this series is on Inserting a Kaltura Capture Video into Canvas.
My passion is developing instructional activities that make complex ideas simple and interesting to learn.
Outside of work, you can probably find me working on a craft project or learning something new. I enjoy trying new recipes, taking long walks, and playing board games.
Latest posts by Ashaun Adler (see all)
- Grade Visibility Best Practices: Hide Grades, Post Grades - July 22, 2019
- Inserting Kaltura Capture Videos into Canvas - May 13, 2019
- Using Kaltura Capture - April 29, 2019