Bookstore & Library FAQs
How do I purchase books?
The UW MBA Consortium works with the UW-Eau Claire bookstore to provide purchasing options for all required books throughout the program. By ordering from the UW-Eau Claire bookstore, you will receive the correct version of the textbook for your courses. If there are any issues, the bookstore will fix them quickly. It also offers fast shipping options so you can receive your materials before courses begin. Here is more information on ordering books.
Can I purchase or rent books from somewhere other than the UWEC bookstore?
Yes, but be careful! If you prefer to use an external book vendor or borrow materials from a library, follow these tips to ensure you get the correct materials in a timely manner:
- Confirm you have the correct title, edition, and version of the textbook by checking the ISBN number on the book you are ordering. ISBN numbers for all required books can be found in the Class Schedule page on the UW MBA Consortium website.
- Order from a reputable source. If you order from a private party, make sure they have positive reviews.
- Check that the book will be delivered before the course starts.
Some publishers and book vendors also offer the option to rent a digital or print copy of the book.
How do I access library resources?
McIntyre Library is physically located on the UW-Eau Claire campus, but the website holds an abundance of scholarly resources you can use throughout the program. The Library Guide, which is linked in the Online Course Resources collection of every course, provides instructions for using the catalog through the McIntyre Library.
The Library website also includes the following resources students might find useful:
- The Library Search tutorial provides instructions for using the online catalog to access digital materials.
- The MBA Library Student Guide includes a list of popular business databases, along with contact information for the MBA program’s librarian.
- The library also includes a listing of video databases and business magazines and newspapers.
- If you need more library assistance you can request an appointment with the MBA librarian.
How do I learn about Canvas?
You will be using Canvas heavily throughout the program. For the best user experience, we recommend using Chrome as your browser when accessing Canvas.
We have created a Canvas section in the Knowledge Base. These pages provide videos, information, and links to resources on common Canvas tasks.
- Canvas Dashboard, Notifications, Profile, and Settings
- Submitting an Assignment
- Canvas Course Homepage
- Finding Your Canvas Courses
- Finding Due Dates in Canvas
- Participating in a Canvas Discussion
- Viewing Grades and Feedback
- Taking Canvas Quizzes, Surveys, and Exams
- Canvas Syllabus
Canvas Crash Course Videos
To assist you in accessing and understanding how to navigate your courses in Canvas, two helpful videos have been created. They are known as the Canvas Crash Course. Watching these videos will help to familiarize yourself with the Canvas learning platform.
How do I get help with Canvas?
If you have questions regarding Canvas, you can email BIZHelp@uwec.edu.
The Canvas Community is another great resource for finding answers to questions regarding Canvas.
Email & Microsoft Office FAQs
How do I access my email?
Access your email at https://webmail.uwec.edu/. Important communications about the MBA program and your courses will be sent to your UWEC email, so please check it regularly.
Can I forward my UWEC email to another email I check regularly?
While forwarding your email seems like a good idea, the problem is that your reply will come from your other email account and may be identified as spam and blocked by the university’s spam filter.
To ensure that your instructors, classmates, and MBA staff receive your emails, please contact them through your UWEC account or the Canvas inbox if it is course related.
How can I get Microsoft Office? (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
All students enrolled in the UW MBA Consortium program are eligible to download up to five copies of Microsoft Office 365 for use on personal computers. You will retain access to these copies of Office 365 as long as your UW – Eau Claire email account is active.