What are the MBA course requirements and sequencing?
The UW MBA Consortium website has links to information and resources for current students to use throughout their program.
- The Program Overview page outlines the courses students are required to complete to earn the MBA degree. Refer to the Planning your Degree page, which includes answers to commonly asked questions and a sample schedule to help you determine course sequencing.
- The Course Catalog lists course descriptions, sample syllabi, when the course is typically offered, and prerequisite requirements for all UW MBA Consortium courses. You can filter courses by discipline and program requirement.
- The Grading and Satisfactory Progress page will assist you in understanding your GPA requirements of the program. Students need to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA or higher within their course work with the UW MBA Consortium. If a student falls below a 3.00 cumulative GPA, they may be placed on probation or dismissed from the program on the recommendation of the director of the MBA program. A 3.00 cumulative GPA in all courses counting toward the MBA is required for graduation.
- The Class Schedules & Textbook page provides a listing of courses, dates, and required materials for each term. We try to post schedules 12-18 months in advance to help you plan ahead.
Where do I register for classes and access financial info?
MyBlugold CampS (often referred to as CampS) is the Student Information System for UW-Eau Claire. You can complete many administrative functions here in addition to those in the question above such as requesting both official and unofficial transcripts, changing your address, and applying for graduation. In this module, you will use the planner in CampS to develop a degree plan to guide your time in the MBA. The MyBlugold CampS Knowledge Base article contains links to helpful guides showing how to complete these activities – consider bookmarking this page for easy access later. It will be helpful to read the Registering for Classes page now so you’re prepared.
How does advising work?
Being here to support you while you move through your program is one of our main objectives. Our advising team is available to you in few different ways including email support, individual virtual appointments, and group advising meetings.
Our MBA Program team can help you with degree planning, registration questions, career planning, and offer general program support.
- You can reach our team via email at [email protected] or by calling (715) 836-6019.
- You can also schedule a one on one advising time at our online booking tool at https://uwcmba.org/advising.
- Your individual advising time can be either over the phone or an online meeting and can be scheduled at any time throughout your MBA career whenever you need assistance.
Who’s who at the Consortium?
You may have already seen the Faculty & Staff Directory page on our website during your program research and application process. Our Faculty are a dynamic mix from UW-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, and UW-Parkside with a wide variety of academic and professional backgrounds. They are one of the great assets our program offers. All faculty are required to complete a four-week online certification course to learn best practices for teaching in the online environment.
Our Support Staff are housed at UW-Eau Claire and are with you every step of the way within your degree program. Your online class experience is created and developed in collaboration with your instructor and an instructional designer.
Additionally, we have two committees that are committed to your success. The Executive Committee is directly responsible for the strategic decisions that drive the MBA Consortium program. The Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee ensures the development, delivery, and assessment of our courses. As you can see, we have many individuals, at all levels, directly involved within ensuring that you will receive a quality experience as you pursue your MBA degree.
What if I need help with something else?
We have a variety of options for you!
- Browse All Articles in the KB to find answers to other questions you may have regarding your experience in the UW MBA Consortium program.
- All courses have a link in the Canvas navigation to Online Course Resources which you can access during your whole time in the MBA program.
- or email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you!