All the studying in the world won’t help a student if they have poor Internet connectivity when taking a quiz. Unfortunately, sometimes it does happen that a student might do poorly on a quiz because they don’t have a stable connections. Here are some tips instructors can share with their students to help avoid potential problems.
How to Avoid Technical Problems While Taking an Online Quiz
- Do not use a wireless connection. Wireless connections have momentary disruptions in service that can cause you to become logged out of the LMS and prevent you from being able to submit your quiz.
- Use a current version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.
- Save each answer before moving to the next question. You can still change an answer before submitting the quiz.
- If the browser freezes, leave the quiz, close the browser and come back. If the answers were saved, you will be able to start from where you left off.
- If you can’t save answers, immediately close the test window. DO NOT SUBMIT. Restart the quiz, and it should work properly.
- Clear your browser cache before taking the quiz.
- If you cannot save your quiz progress, you have a connectivity problem. Take the above steps to remedy the problem, email the instructor to let him or her know you’re having an issue, and if needed contact Tech Support:
- Quick Tip: Receive Notification When Someone Posts in a Discussion - March 4, 2021
- Reusing Old Announcements - December 21, 2020
- Providing Flexibility for Students, Especially During Disruptive Times - November 25, 2020