It is often a good idea to compose discussion posts in Word and then copy/paste them to the online discussion. Not every post, of course, but, let’s say you’ve spent a fair amount of time analyzing a question and doing additional research. Perhaps you will be including a citation or link to supporting information. Composing this response in Word before copying/pasting it online has the following benefits:
- The editing and spell check features in Word are more robust.
- By saving the document, you create a record of your analysis and thoughts.
- Your writing won’t be lost if your computer restarts suddenly to install recent updates.
- Nor will it be lost if your browser doesn’t work with the LMS and you have to switch to a different browser.
- Quick Tip: Receive Notification When Someone Posts in a Discussion - March 4, 2021
- Reusing Old Announcements - December 21, 2020
- Providing Flexibility for Students, Especially During Disruptive Times - November 25, 2020