We encourage instructors to leave feedback as an important part of online learning, and most devote hours to the task, making sure you know exactly why you got the grade you did and how to improve (or how to keep up the good work!). However, all the feedback in the world won’t do you any good if you never read it, a fact instructors know all too well if their students don’t view the feedback. This makes for very sad instructors.
So, do yourself and your instructor a favor and check your feedback every time you get a grade. You may not always get feedback, but if it’s there you don’t want to miss the opportunity to better learn the material and improve your next grade.
Where to Find Feedback on Course Work
Because Desire2Learn offers many options for instructors when providing feedback, you may have to check more than one place to find it. Listed here are places you can look for feedback from your instructor:
- In the upper right corner of the screen, under Your Name > select Progress
- On the left side of the screen that appears, click GRADES
- Under Assignments, click ITEMS (linked)
- If feedback is available, you can click FEEDBACK (linked)
- If a D2L rubric was used for grading, the completed rubric will be linked in the Feedback
- On the Navigation bar, click GRADES
- Under Comments and Assessments, Feedback
- If a rubric was used for grading, Assessment details (linked) appears; click it to see the completed rubric.
- On the Navigation bar, click QUIZZES
- If a D2L rubric was used for grading short or long answer questions, a conversation icon appears next to the quiz name; click it to see the completed rubric.
- From the quiz pull-down, select Submissions
- Overall quiz feedback appears below the Attempt. If a rubric was used for grading short or long answer questions, the completed rubric also appears.
- Click Attempt 1
- To see question-specific feedback (if available), below each question, click VIEW FEEDBACK
- On the Navigation bar, click DROPBOX
- If a rubric was used for grading, a conversation icon appears under Feedback; click it to see the completed rubric
- Additional feedback appears under Dropbox Feedback